At NYA Sports & Fitness Center, we strive to build stronger communities by providing an environment that supports healthy living. Because YOUR welfare and safety are of the upmost importance, we have been diligently preparing for the reopening of our Fitness Center on Monday, June 22nd, in accordance with the State and regulatory guidelines. NYA offers a number of services and activities that will be phased-in over the course of the coming weeks and months. These include, but not limited to: Group Fitness, Kidzcare, Youth and Sports programs.
We understand some of you may not be ready to join us at this time, and we support that. We will be here when you’re ready, so please stay connected through our emails, website, and social media platforms.
Beginning Monday, June 22, 2020, we will be limiting the number of members in the facility to adhere to the CDC guidelines.
Our NYA Team will be fully trained on the required health and safety protocols prior to reopening.
The following includes steps NYA has taken to ensure the health and safety of our team, members, and the community.
· Team members will be screened before shifts for symptoms of COVID-19 through a series of questions and required temperature readings
· PPE will be provided to all team members (masks and gloves)
· Supportive social distancing measures through conscious scheduling and limiting staff gatherings
· All staff will be properly trained on: hygiene, PPE usage, social distancing, sanitizing, and reporting illnesses
· Require that team members report any illnesses or cases of COVID-19 in their household to a supervisor
Members and Visitors
· Protective face coverings will be required to be worn by members and visitors, in accordance with State guidelines
· Social distancing requirements will be met through updated check-in procedures that track headcount (supporting communication will follow with this exact process)
· Pre-entry screening through temperature readings
· Updated waivers will be collected during re-entry
· Schedules will be staggered for various reservations and events to meet 50% capacity requirements and ensure proper cleaning and sanitation throughout the day
· Members are expected to practice proper hygiene (handwashing) and wipe down equipment before and after use
· Members are expected to bring their own water bottles and towels as towel service will be suspended and water fountains are only available for filling
· Any hydration bottles left behind will be discarded at the end of each day
· Limited usage and access to lockers and showers
· MOST IMPORTANTLY, we encourage anyone who is sick or at risk to stay home!
Building Safety and Cleaning Safeguards
· Protective barriers will be placed at our various reception areas
· Deep cleaning of the facility before re-opening
· Increased building ventilation
· NYA will be operating on a “90 minutes open, 30 minutes closed” schedule to ensure proper cleaning and disinfecting every 2 hours
· Increased availability of cleaning and disinfecting stations throughout the building
· Communication of social distancing standards through spaced equipment, floor signage and building signage
· Phased re-opening will support the ability to operate according to guidelines as effectively as possible for both members and staff
· Building entry and exit points will be modified to support social distancing
There will be supporting communication sent next week which will outline the updated reservation and check-in processes.
Please contact us directly if you have any questions or concerns regarding these safety procedures.
Thank you for your patience during these unprecedented times and we look forward to seeing you!