Supporting Parents, Students, and Educators Under the Hybrid Model
The NYA Play+ Learning program is designed as a resource to support parents, children, and educators under the current Hybrid Learning Model as school resumes this Fall.
The program aims to:
- Provide working parents with a safe, reliable, and valuable solution for the current learning landscape.
- Provide students supervised time, space, and connectivity to accomplish online learning.
- Provide children with physical activity throughout the school day to help balance increased screen time, stimulate mental agility, and promote overall health.
through Friday, October 2, 2020
9/3 – Cohort B
9/4 – Cohort A
9/8 – 9/9 – Cohort B
9/10 – 9/11 – Cohort A
9/14 – (half) 9/16 – Cohort B
(half) 9/16 – 9/19 – Cohort A
9/22 – (half) 9/24 – Cohort B
(half) 9/24 – 9/26 – Cohort A
9/29 – 9/30 – Cohort B
10/1 – 10/2 – Cohort A
Description: Have you created a Remote Learning Pod or Home Schooling during this evolving educational environment? Are you looking for a physical activity solution for your network and/or group of kids? Our Play+ format is the perfect activity for your little ones and the coach will come to you!
Pricing: Up to 6 Kids – $120 / visit | 7-14 Kids – $200 / Visit (2 Coaches)
To Book Your Play+ Roadshow, please contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Option You've Been Looking For
Play+ Learning is for Newtown Public School students and children of Newtown Public School staff grades K – 6. Although they will be following the same schedule, the students will be grouped aged appropriately, K – 2 and 3 – 6, while observing CDC Guidelines of a maximum of 14 students per group.
The NYA Play+ Learning program is a resource designed to support parents, students, and educators under the current Newtown Public School Hybrid Model as school resumes this Fall.
The program is designed to:
- Provide working parents with a safe, reliable, and valuable solution for the current learning landscape;
- Provide students supervised time, space, and connectivity to accomplish online learning;
- Provide students with physical activity throughout the days and weeks to help balance increased screen time, stimulate mental agility, and promote overall health.
The daily outline for Play+ Learning will be a blend of Learning Time and Physical Activity.
- Learning Time: Each student’s learning time will be guided by their individual online learning schedule provided by their teacher. NYA staff will use each student’s schedule to help log them onto their live meetings and work through assigned activities. Students will use their school-provided devices to connect to their specific learning platforms and modules. These sessions will take place in one of our classrooms where 6-foot tables will seat up to 2 students (1 at each end). These sessions will be monitored by NYA staff who will deliver a quiet environment and assist students to the best of their ability with technical and work-related questions. It is important to note that NYA staff are not educators and the parents/ teachers/ students need to be prepared with their goals and assignments each day. Parents and students are responsible for ensuring the completion of the curriculum. The Learning Time each day will be as productive as the student is prepared..
- Physical Activity: Each day will start at 8am with a 45-minute sport, game, and/or activity similar to gym class and other NYA Multi-Sport/Play+ Camp activities. Staff will coordinate a mid-day physical activity period based on the student’s online schedules. The day will end with a final group physical activity period once all students have logged-off for the day. Additionally, NYA coaches will identify opportunities throughout the day to pull kids individually or in small groups for mini Brain Breaks – keeping the kids moving and non-sedentary!
The program will be available for students on the days when their assigned cohort does not report to school. Since all students are not in school on Wednesdays, the program will be on a half-day schedule to serve both cohorts while maintaining required capacity guidelines.
Cohort A: Wednesday afternoon, Thursday full day, Friday full day
Cohort B: Monday full day, Tuesday full day, Wednesday morning
Dates According to Cohort:
- Thursday, September 3, 2020 – Friday, October 2, 2020
No Sessions: Monday, September 7, 2020, and Monday, September 28, 2020
Cohort A: 9/4, 9/10, 9/11, 9/16 (half-day), 9/17, 9/18, 9/23 (half-day), 9/24, 9/25, 10/1, 10/2
Cohort B: 9/3, 9/8, 9/9, 9/14, 9/15, 9/16 (half-day), 9/21, 9/22, 9/23 (half-day), 9/29, 9/30
Thursday 9/3 – Cohort B
Friday 9/4 – Cohort A
Tuesday 9/8 – Wednesday 9/9 – Cohort B
Thursday 9/10 – Friday 9/11 – Cohort A
Monday 9/14 – Wednesday (half) 9/16 – Cohort B
Wednesday (half) 9/16 – Friday 9/19 – Cohort A
Monday 9/22 – Wednesday (half) 9/24 – Cohort B
Wednesday (half) 9/24 – Friday 9/26 – Cohort A
Tuesday 9/29 – Wednesday 9/30 – Cohort B
Thursday 10/1 – Friday 10/2 – Cohort A
- Full Days: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Half-Days (9/16 and 9/23) – Please note NO After-Care Available on Wednesdays
- Cohort A Half-Day Time: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Cohort B Half-Day Time: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Varies based on the session. Please check registration for more details.