REPORTS TO: FITNESS DIRECTOR
STATUS: PART-TIME NON-EXEMPT
NYA Sports & Fitness Center, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is committed to building a stronger community by providing an environment that supports healthy living through exercise, sports, play, events and personal connections.
Part of achieving this is through our robust and diverse group fitness class offerings. From mind-body classes to boot camp to spinning, we aim to offer our members a wide variety of amazing classes in an upbeat and motivating community atmosphere.
The Group Fitness coordinator is the lead point person for all group fitness related items, from building a diverse selection of class offerings, to finding the right instructors to inspire our members. The Group Fitness Coordinator is responsible for program related management for all group fitness classes. We’re looking for someone who can provide visionary leadership in the development of new classes, as well as maintain high standards of quality in our existing group fitness classes.
- Perform administrative responsibilities as it relates to Group Fitness.
- Verify bi-weekly payroll.
- Fields member feedback and concerns related to Group Fitness.
- Ensure all classes are covered with the best possible instructor for various class formats. Ensure adequate subs are identified. Cancellation of class is unacceptable due to lack of instructor.
- Class schedules posted and modified as needed quarterly.
- Track class participation, monthly averages, and work to maintain adequate attendance in all classes.
- Conduct instructor meetings as needed; at least quarterly.
- Hire, train, and evaluate Group Exercise Instructors as needed. Written evaluation once a year.
- Market and promote group fitness inside and outside NYA’s membership base.
- Ensure all equipment used in Group Exercise classes including sound system is adequate and maintained properly.
- Work collectively with NYA staff and help to maintain NYA’s mission statement.
- 5+ years Group Fitness instructing experience
- Must be highly motivated, energetic and customer focused
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Available to flex between 6-12 hours a week. Depending on the current demands
- Current CPR, First Aid, and AED Certification or ability to be certified within 30 days
- Experience with Fitness Center computer systems
- Ability to communicate with associates and members
- Available to work a flexible schedule; manage some aspects off site.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds’ waist high
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time whether indoors or outdoors, and squat, stoop or bend
- Will be required to operate a computer
- Facility has intermittent noise