Welcome to the NYA Fitness Center. The goal of our staff is to provide members with a clean, safe and friendly fitness environment, and to provide them the opportunity to learn proper exercise principles and techniques. Along with all general NYA rules and regulations, the following policies apply to the Fitness Center. Your cooperation is appreciated.
1. The Fitness Center is for members and approved guests only. Please help enforce this policy by signing in and presenting your ID card at the Fitness Center reception desk every time you use the facility. This also allows the staff to track daily attendance.
2. Members are entitled to a complimentary walk-through orientation, which will allow them to become familiar with each piece of equipment and its proper use. A personal log sheet of seat heights, back and chest supports, foot placement, weights, etc. will be provided to allow members to track their progress.
3. No one under the age of 12 is permitted in the Fitness Center unless authorized by NYA management. NYA accepts no responsibility for any injury that may result in violation of this policy.
4. Our youngest members (ages 12 and 13) must go through a mandatory training program prior to using the Fitness Center w/out the supervision of a parent or legal guardian. These three sessions are designed to instruct and evaluate an individual’s competence on our equipment. Following completion of the program, NYA accepts no responsibility for any injury that may result from improper use of equipment.
1. NYA Sports & Fitness is committed to the health, safety, and welfare of its members and staff. NYA does not tolerate unreasonable, threatening, obscene, harassing, indecent, or illegal behavior of any kind. NYA has the right to judge behavior and respond accordingly. This includes, but is not limited to, a request to leave the premises and/or termination of membership.
2. The use of cell phones is not permitted inside the Fitness Center. Please make/take calls out in the stairwell or downstairs in the Food Court. The use of the camera function on cell phones is strictly prohibited.
3. Keep your Fitness Center clean! Discard all empty or unwanted water or energy drink bottles and trash into appropriate bins. Bins are located at the cleaning stations and a blue recycling bin is located next to the vending machine.
4. Appropriate and non-offensive clothing must be worn at all times. This includes:
1. Wipe your feet when entering the Fitness Center and please do not wear outside shoes while on the equipment in order to keep dirt, sand, salt and water away from the machines. Improper use can cause damage and result in a breakdown of the equipment, requiring costly repairs.
2. Take care when using headphone jacks on cardio machines equipped with personal entertainment monitors. Most headphones are universal, but some maybe slightly wider and may damage the jack.
3. Always wipe down machines after use. Cleaning stations are located throughout the facility with wet/dry towels, cleaner and Purell for hand sanitization.
4. When using the strengthening stations, be sure there is no tension on the machine prior to changing the pin placement. Improper placement or forcing the pin will jam the machine and may lead to further damage.
5. When performing your strengthening routine, do not slam the weights or the weight stack during each repetition. This may disrupt placement of the stack on the sliders, as well as disorient the slide bar, making it difficult to remove the pin and change weights. All movements should be done slowly and under control.
6. When using free weights, please return weights to stacks or sides and wipe down the bench and handles of excess dirt. Return bench and bars to proper areas.
7. When using exercise balls, foam rollers, body bars and exercise mats, be sure all are cleaned and returned to proper areas or racks.
1. This is a health and wellness facility. NYA will not tolerate the use, sale, possession or promotion of anabolic steroids, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), Performance Enhancing Drugs (PED) or any other banned or illegal substances. In the event a member is found to be in violation, disciplinary action will be taken. This includes, but is not limited to, a request to leave the premises, termination of membership and/or notification of the authorities.
2. In the event of an emergency or evacuation, please follow staff instructions, remain calm and exit the building as quickly and efficiently as possible. In the event of a traumatic incident or life-threatening situation, notify a staff member immediately!
3. Let us know how we’re doing. Our goal is to make your workout experience as enjoyable and successful as possible. Please bring any concerns or suggestions to the attention of our staff and we will work hard to ensure the situation is remedied to the satisfaction of all involved.
School Cancellations – All morning classes will be cancelled and there will be no childcare available. Please call to confirm evening classes.
School Delays – If there is a 90 minute or 2 hour delay, all classes scheduled before 9:30am will be cancelled. The 9:30am classes will move to 11:00am. All other classes will remain at their scheduled times. Childcare will open at 10:00am.
Thank you for your cooperation!
NYA Fitness Staff
Mon - Thur: 5:30am - 9:00pm
Friday: 5:30am - 8:00pm
Saturday: 7:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Mon - Fri: 8:15am-12:00pm
New Years Day
Open from 7:00am - 12:00pm
Memberships start at $34/mo. Call 426-0088 ext 111 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for plan options.